Sunday, March 9, 2014

Musical Sanity Break: Glasvegas

by Nomad

I heard this song yesterday- though it isn't new (2008)- and I thought I might share it with you. The idea that personal salvation can come from something mundane as snowfall and as fleeting as a snowflake appeals to me. 
Besides it's a great song.

The breeze from the graveyard keeps murmuring death
Too much time harbors thoughts in heads
Now I'm compelled to care
About a future that's going nowhere

As I stand here all alone in the cold wondering where I'm going today
Then a snowflake fell and it felt like a kiss
Now I'm okay

The ringing from the bells keeps screaming out love
As snow fell from heavens above
Directionless no more
Emptiness no more

Now I don't feel so all alone in the cold wondering where I'm going today
For a snowflake fell and it felt like a kiss
Now I'm okay

This Scottish band has just completed their North American tour with a final show in San Francisco a few days ago. I hope it went well.